Sunday, April 27, 2008

Homemade Cereal

You guys are in for a treat today. I have posted three of my favorite recipes right now!! I have given some of you this recipe for Homemade Cereal, but now all of you are lucky enough to make it yourself!!

Ingredients:
8 cups old fashioned oats
2 cups chopped walnuts
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup honey
2 tsp. vanilla
3 cups raisins or dried cranberries

Directions:
Mix oats, nuts, sugar, salt, and cinnamon in large bowl. Combine honey and oil and heat in microwave just to warm. Add vanilla.

Toss oats mixture and oil mixture together with a rubber spatula. Spread on cookie sheets and bake at 350 for 15 minutes - just until it starts to toast. My oven toasted faster than 15 minutes, so be careful that it does not burn!! (I burned a batch or two before I got it right.)

Mix in raisins or cranberries when cool. Store in airtight container.

This stuff is also good on yogurt and ice cream or just as an afternoon snack.

No comments: